Child of God, Wife to a gracious husband and Mom to extraordinary twin boys

Monday, May 23, 2011

Blessings

I can feel life slowing to a steady pace once again.  Chaos is not my favorite atmosphere and I do believe if we let our guards down, it will engulf us.  I admit, I feel like I was teetering on being engulfed.  Not a comfortable place!  I have settled into a new job, a couple of them actually.  I am working as a church secretary and also subbing at local schools to make up the difference in days. I rather like it this way compared to years past when I worked one place, 8 + hours...the variety is nice.  I am home by the time my boys get off of the bus, sometimes sooner and I'm able to be with them at home everyday.  I love this!  Took going through some storms to get to this sort of calm, but I feel blessed to have been taught some valuable lessons.


I have always been one to be thankful for challenges and try my best to see God's hand in the midst of trials. However difficult, even in the middle, I try to cling to His promises. ~yet I will rejoice in the LORD, I will be joyful in God my Savior ~~Habakkuk 3:18 Amen!


Our most recent and difficult season is only a few short weeks in our past, and I do (now) see the blessings coming from it.  Some things, I still have unanswered questions, but a lot of those tough questions I had, I am receiving answers.  I don't necessarily like all of God's answers mind you, but I feel blessed that I do know He hears me. Oh, how comforting to know that!  My God, THE God of the universe heard my cries!  Wow!
James 1:2 ~Consider it a great joy . . . whenever you experience various trials.  


There is a song that's currently on the playlists of our local Christian radio called "Blessings" by Laura Story.  I'm sure you've heard it, but I've got to tell you, it's found me right where I am.  I love how songs will do this for me and I love how God has used Christian radio lately to speak to my heart!  Her song came from the heartache and questions through a difficult season when very early in her marriage her husband was hospitalized for a brain tumor.  Here are the lyrics:

"Blessings"
We pray for blessings
We pray for peace
Comfort for family, protection while we sleep
We pray for healing, for prosperity
We pray for Your mighty hand to ease our suffering
All the while, You hear each spoken need
Yet love is way too much to give us lesser things

‘Cause what if your blessings come through raindrops
What if Your healing comes through tears
What if a thousand sleepless nights are what it takes to know You're near
What if trials of this life are Your mercies in disguise

We pray for wisdom
Your voice to hear
We cry in anger when we cannot feel You near
We doubt your goodness, we doubt your love
As if every promise from Your Word is not enough
All the while, You hear each desperate plea
And long that we'd have faith to believe

When friends betray us
When darkness seems to win
We know that pain reminds this heart
That this is not our home
This is not our home

What if my greatest disappointments
Or the aching of this life
Is the revealing of a greater thirst this world can't satisfy
What if trials of this life
The rain, the storms, the hardest nights
Are your mercies in disguise


So, my question to myself and to you who may stumble upon this and read:  Do you count your trials as blessings?  You should friend, because it is in these times we know as Christians that we are growing in Him.  My God chose me for these trials because He knew how I would come out of it...loving Him more and relying on Him alone!  Praise you Jesus for loving me so much!!

Love & Hugs,
JJ

No comments:

Post a Comment