Child of God, Wife to a gracious husband and Mom to extraordinary twin boys

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Back to the basics

After about a 2 year hiatus, I'm back to blogging...not sure how long I'll stay, but for now, it feels right.  Facebook made me a tad too insecure and just a little too narcissistic for my own good!  I'll probably get back to FB at some point because it's a wonderful way to  keep up with my school mates and family in GA and others that I do not have the opportunity to see in person that often.  I have missed the days of putting my thoughts into a journal and since I type faster and there's spellcheck here, well, it's where I've landed for now.

I heard a song on the radio tonight in my truck on the way home by Point of Grace.  I had to pull over for weeping so hard I couldn't see to drive.  Boy, I've missed hearing them on the radio!  Anyway, it was called "Nothing is Greater Than Grace".  Wow!  That hit home for me in so many ways...especially on the journey I am currently on.  Thus, my blog title.  Even though nothing may be greater than grace, I am better by grace!!  Amen?!!  I thought I would post the lyrics because it finds me right where I am today.  Maybe it will find you right where you are too.

Love & Hugs,
JJ

What do you say to someone who feels like they've lost it all
over the edge with no one there to break their fall
and what do you say to someone who feels so unloved
giving themselves away a little bit everyday just to be good enough
and what do you say to a hopeless soul who can't remember their way home
and everything is out of their control

CHORUS
There is no valley, there is no darkness
there is no sorrow greater than the grace of Jesus.
There is no moment, there is no distance,
there is no heartbreak He can't see you through.
So before you think that you're too lost to save,
Remember there is nothing greater than grace.

What do you say to someone whose life is on the line
and their unsure what happens after their last breath in time
what do you say to someone whose built a wall you can't break through
and it's so hard for them to hear the truth


So don't lose hope, don't let go
don't give up, you are not alone

There is no valley, there is no darkness
there is no sorrow greater than the grace of Jesus.
There is no moment, there is no distance
there is no heartbreak He can't see you through.
So before you think that you're too lost to save
so before you think that you're too lost to save
Remember there is nothing greater than grace

No comments:

Post a Comment