Child of God, Wife to a gracious husband and Mom to extraordinary twin boys

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

God is preparing the way

Today has been a buzz of activity in our household.  Many changes are coming down our path...some we really would rather not encounter because change of this size is never easy.  Sounds ominous, right?  Change is never easy, simple and true.  However, change is always inevitable in life.  I wish I did not have to embrace that statement.  It would be much more comfortable to just be content with where I am -  watch my boys grown into wonderful young men, enjoy my marriage and take care of my home and all the things that come with everyday life...church, grocery shopping, lunch with friends, vacations.  You get the idea.  Life just doesn't hand anyone that pretty bouquet of flowers though!  At least not if they are being real and they are growing in their walk with Christ. 

I'm 40 years old and each year of my life has brought about many changes.  This year will be no different.  I will embrace a new area of my career, I will once again pack up my 20+ years of accumulated items and move my family into another home and I will find a new way to love people, forgive and let go of hurts that Satan would rather I hold onto.

The Bible would call this growing in my faith.  Yes, tests are going to come and I have had my share of them - I realize this.  Looking back, I honestly can say that I would not have had it any other way -- on most everything I have experienced - to get to where I am now.  Just a few seasons I really would have rather skipped over, but most everything...I'm certain it took that amount of painful growing/seasoning me to handle what God would have in store for my today.

For the last couple of years I have found myself asking God to please stop sending me these seasons and trials...please stop these painful emotional struggles, stop the tears and just let me enjoy what I have been given.  However, God is choosing to allow this season and it may take a while for me to fully understand why...if ever.  My prayer today is that I will be grateful for the potter not removing his hands.  I want to be thankful that He is never done with me.  That each day He can shape me into what He alone intends for me, that is a blessing!  Nothing is harder to accept.  By His Grace alone am I given another chance.  I may have to endure hardships to fully be restored.  This is my prayer today.

1 Thessalonians 5:18 - Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you. 

 Love & Hugs,

JJ

No comments:

Post a Comment