Child of God, Wife to a gracious husband and Mom to extraordinary twin boys

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

The Great Outdoors

It's only mid-week and already, I'm needing the weekend to be here.  Good thing we are taking a family vacation starting tomorrow.  Taking the kiddos camping (a first for my husband) and then we'll finish up visiting with our families in Georgia.  I've been looking forward to this little trip for weeks now.  Just getting outdoors does something for me...especially this time of year.  It does something for all of us actually.  It's like resetting our clocks - getting our priorities straight.  Taking away all electronics on this trip too!  I know it'll seem like such a drag at first, especially to two tween boys, but I'm positive we all will end up enjoying talking versus texting!

As I mentioned, it's the hubs first time camping.  Can you believe that?  He's 40 years old and never been camping!  I'm excited just to see how he reacts to sleeping under the stars and cooking an entire meal over a fire.  He may start grunting!  He'll either hate it or love it, right?  I took my boys camping a few years ago and literally fell in love with the whole thing.  Setting up the tent, sleeping outside, hiking and cooking like cowboys...it was a blast!  And as much as I hate (read: terrified) of spiders, I actually didn't think much about the critters that might be crawling around on the tent or even on me.  Well, that is until I left the showers the next morning and noticed a huge black widow in the corner of my stall...yeah, I scared a few wild animals as I ran out screaming!  Whatever, I am a girl!! :o)  (note to self: take insect repellent)

I hope to take lots of pictures of our little adventure and I'll be sure to share a few here too.  My prayer for the rest of the week is just to re-set my focus on what blessings I do have in my life.  I have allowed my circumstances to rob me of joy and I have forgotten what is truly important to me.  I have so much to be thankful for.

Love & Hugs,
JJ

No comments:

Post a Comment